Flat view
Damián B
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
Some help with lens selection for a 6D
Dec 31, 2013

Hello again,

Canon 100 2.8 L Macro

I'm about to sell me 100 2.8L just because I can sell it for a few more bucks than what I paid for it.

Initially I was planning to buy the Sigma 85 1.4 BUT a photographer in the shop told me that the L glass and the 4 stop IS would be better + macro, ALSO that the Sigma would lose value much more than the Canon.

What I noticed is that autofocus in sometimes hunts a lot, but nail it most of the time. I am using the limiter now after reading and it seems to get better. I also used it in an exhibition shooting and behaved quite well, I like color and sharpness.

Any other suggestion?

Canon 50 1.8 II

Well I bought this one because of the price, but the AF hunts a lot...

Wonder if I should sell it and get the 40 2.8?

Canon 24-105L

Well, I feel something is missing like sharpness and AF accuracy. Maybe I got spoiled with 100L. But again I don't know if the 24-70 2.8 lacking IS would be a substitute, I think IS really makes a difference as I never use tripod. I don't really think the 24-70 F4 would give me something substantially better.

I think this is the tougher to pick a replacement for.

Canon 70-200 F4 IS or F2.8 II?

Can anyone provide some pictures shot with both showing a clear advantage towards the 2.8 II? I really wonder if the price and weight is justified.

Happy new year!

Damián B's gear list:Damián B's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow