The future for Fuji cameras

Started Dec 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
BRPWS
Regular MemberPosts: 399Gear list
Like?
I am a very strong advocate for mirrorless cameras especially Fujicolor products
In reply to mooshoepork, Dec 31, 2013

mooshoepork wrote:

Not trying to troll...

But given the recent sales reports over at fuji rumors, does anyone else worry about the potential for Fuji to throw in the towel and abandon this venture?

Having only sold 700,000...seems really low.

I love my x100s and x-e2, but I'm worried that if they continue to not make money they'll withdraw.

It's a tough market to crack, and I hope they fair better in 2014.

Thoughts?

The title says it all. I have worked in the photo industry for a major camera manufacturer (over 40 years and now retired). The mirrorless camera should have ushered in a new concept for the camera industry and I am still hopeful that it will.

The Fujicolor cameras and lenses are some of the best I have ever used and they are my final cameras. I am putting in a link to the New York Times article about the industry. For years the camera companies like Olympus and Fuji, Panasonic, Samsung have been losing money in their photo divisions, but they have had enough diversity to keep them from walking away.

I think we can only hope that they continue to support those of us who want high quality equipment as opposed to the Selfie phone cameras. And by the way, according to the link article, most smartphone manufacturers are in a non profit position on their phones

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2013/12/29/business/29reuters-japan-cameras.html?_r=2&

-- hide signature --

Elliot

BRPWS's gear list:BRPWS's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow