Top 10 Minolta legacy lenses!

Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
RussellInCincinnati
Senior MemberPosts: 3,197
Like?
mixed feelings about inflating used prices
In reply to heliguy, Dec 31, 2013

heliguy wrote: Minolta made a lot of good glass both AF and MF. Was wondering what the ultimate top 10 list of Minolta lenses would be. I have the Minolta 50mm f1.4 that should surely make the list, it's my fave legacy lens. I'm not very familiar with the entire product family. What's your Minolta top 10?

Well one tends to be reticent about talking up lenses that you might buy some day. Would just as soon people continue to think that the Minolta AF 50/1.7 is a terrible lens...because look how bad it is at precisely f/1.7 all over, and still bad in the extreme corners wider than F/3.2. Considering that my copy (that someone gave me for nothing) took a short roll on the sidewalk yesterday. Wondering if it's worse for wear/bears replacement.

So remember, dear reader, that the Minolta AF 50/1.7 has just terrible lens tests compared to the Sony FE 55/1.8, Zeiss Otus 55, Sigma 50/1.4, Sony/Zeiss ZA 50/1.4, etc. Surely to your photographic skills, that lens brings no justice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow