ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
natureshots0000
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Birding... 6d or 70d/100d... lens and converter question
11 months ago

Hello everybody!

I "shoot" mostly birds and currently have a 6d with a Canon 500 f4 (version I) lens, and I always keep the Canon 1.4x extender on.

The above set up gets me excellent results. I enjoy the "hunting" required to get close enough to get good photos. However, on sunny days with water fowl, I can only get so close to the ducks and whatever.

Here is my question: Should I get a Canon 2x converter for longer range on sunny days or should I get a crop sensor camera for the extra reach?

Anybody have any experience with this? So basically what I would like to know is will the 6d with the 500mm lens and Canon 2x converter provide better overall IQ compared to, for example, a 70d with the 500 and 1.4x converter? And I am talking about sunny low ISO days here shooting birds.

Thanks so much for any help!

Charlie

www.natureshots.smugmug.com

natureshots0000's gear list:natureshots0000's gear list
FinePix XP70 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow