RX10 | Can we get some consensus on lens wobble?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Red5TX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,586
Like?
RX10 | Can we get some consensus on lens wobble?
9 months ago

Trying to get some consensus on whether the very slight lens wobble my RX10 displays is normal or cause for concern.  If all RX10s exhibit it, then I don't mind.  If some do and some don't, then it worries me.  I want my camera to be in-spec.

If you currently own an RX10, would you mind answering the following?

1. Camera powered down.  If you lightly shake the camera, can you hear something gently moving back and forth?  It's almost imperceptible.  More of a feeling than a sound.

2. Camera on.  Can you move the lens barrel up about 1/2 mm by pressing on it with light force?

3. Lens extended.  Can you move the end of the barrel up about 1 mm by lifting with your finger?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.  I'd just like to get some clarity on this issue.  The RX10 has a LOT of glass in the lens and glass is heavy.  It may be the case that the "play" is built in and perfectly normal.  Let's try to find out.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow