Please help me choose a camera for my world travels?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CrazyDon
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Please help me choose a camera for my world travels?
7 months ago

I have started traveling Europe a couple months ago and bought a canon hs 320 due to all the great reviews. But this camera is not good enough for my needs, its pretty awful in low light conditions or cloudy days. I only found out recently when I was going through my photo's and tried printing one. I had to use photoshop to fix the brightness, contrast and sharpness ect and that didn't even make it look great. I am a total beginner to the world of photography but on my travels I want a camera which will help me take amazing photos in all conditions (moving, day, night, sunny, cloudy).

Yesterday I started researching cameras and found a thread with a fellow posting images from his travels using a canon 600d, they all looked really well so I started researching the camera further. I almost bought it until I found a great deal on the sony rx 100. Now this completely took me off my train of thought. I had a person on another forum give me extensive info on the camera with photo examples of lower light scenes and the images where great.

I've been trying to compare the following,

Canon 600D ($500), Canon 700D ($800), Sony Rx 100 ($500).

I never had a DSLR in my life so I'm not sure how uncomfortable it is when traveling around the world especially when carrying around luggage (back pack), it seems that it could get in the way in some locations but on the other hand I really want to learn how to use dslrs. After having the canon 320 hs I am kind of scared of wasting more money on point and shoot and not getting top notch images ranging from scenic landscapes, people, cities, winter, summer, night and all light conditions.

Hope I can get some help. Also if you guys mention one of the dslrs can you tell me whats a good all around lens for them?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i) Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow