The future for Fuji cameras

Started Dec 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,929Gear list
Like?
Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to Graham Hill, Dec 31, 2013

Graham Hill wrote:

ALL camera sales are down. Compacts are just down harder. Then comes mirrorless and then DSLR's. The overall market is shrinking and has been for some time. This is Fujifilm's problem, less customers.

True, and it is not just Fuji. Nikon is in real trouble for example. Canon I don't know but they apparently have forgotten what "innovation" is since very long. Nikon as well. Just the same old sauce since years and years.

The "general (mass) public" is relatively slow to react, roughly 4-5 years behind the important trends in their buying habits. Right now dSLRs are still the most frequent cameras in the streets (apart from cell phones of course), it will take another 2-3 years before the mass market realizes that lighter and more compact is better in most cases. Then CaNikon will be in deep trouble and SLR sales will drop like a rock.

I haven't used a DSLR in almost a year. ALso have sold all my DSLRs but my old S3/S5pro. I keep them because selling them hardly would make me any money.

Bernie

-- hide signature --

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow