ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yik3000
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Need help identifying a problem 6D + 50mm 1.2
7 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am a recent owner of 6D and 50mm 1.2L while loving the combination, I notice the color of pictures when taken wide open at 1.2 and slow down at 1.8 is very different. I knew there's falloff problem for 1.2 wide open but does it make that much difference? And the problem is not only at the center of the photo, it seems to be for the entire photo. So am I missing something here or one of the component is defective? Sadly i dont have another camera body to test with for now. So I need some expertise in this matter.

A little more testing for diagnose, if I shot at aperture slower than 1.6 (1.8+), the color seems to be consistent, if I shot at faster than 1.6 (1.2,1.4), then it seems to produce a different color. And it doesn't seem to produce that every shot, i notice if there are enough light, (day time outdoor), the problem seems to be not severe, but a indoor darker environment, this problem seems to take place more often.

This screen shot is for the two shots, the only parameter is the aperature, the left one at 1.8 which is producing more real color, the right one is at 1.2 which seem to be having problem.

Thanks in advance!

shot at 1.2

shot at 1.8

shot at 1.2

shot at 1.8

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow