ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GHP
GHP
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Question regarding D700 picture controls in JPEG
7 months ago

Hi all,I guess this has been asked and answered at some point in the past, but I can't seem to find the specific answer.

On my D700, I shoot in RAW all the time.

This question mainly applies to shooting family walkabout portraits of the Grandkids.

If I set the picture control in camera to, for example D2x mode 1, and shoot in RAW + JPEG, am I correct in thinking that the RAW is unaffected, but the Jpeg will have the settings applied?

I use Lightroom BTW, I realise the results might be different if I use View NX2.My thinking is, that if this works, I could have the raws available for more fiddling about with if I want to, but I get some decent (hopefully) SOOC Jpegs if I need to do some quick prints, or to give family members some shots on disc etc. when we get home.

A friend of mine shoots mainly jpegs, and has a D300. The D2x setting on his D300 gives some great skin tones without all the messing around in LR.

I see some amazing work on these forums from people such as the venerable Trenchmonkey, whose Jpegs are incredible SOOC, which is what got me thinking this way.Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers,

Gary.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D2X Nikon D300 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow