ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StevenLee
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Upgrading the K7... options?
10 months ago

Hello All,

I've had my lovely K7 for a couple of years now and while I love it I know its getting pretty long in the tooth.  I've also been out of the loop with new gear for a while (my passion for photography ebbs and flows with my passion for golf and the new version of football manager).  I;m not really sure whats what at the mo with the new SLRs.  Therefore, please pardon the ignorance of the question!

Although I don't have many lenses for the K7 I'd like to stick with Pentax for now.  The question is, what should I go for if I were to upgrade?  I know the obvious answer would be a K3 or K5ii, but when compared to the K7 would a K30, K50 or K500 (for example) still show some noticeable improvement on image quality etc - particularly low light - or would I be better off sticking with the K7 for now? Would getting an older K5 still be better than a newer K30,50,500?

I certainly haven't got £1000 to spare for a K3.

I shoot mostly landscapes and the odd bit of wildlife when the critters sit still long enough to do so! My photos... for an idea of what I shoot.

Thanks

Steven

Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-50 Pentax K-500 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow