Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zhak
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
5D quality settings
9 months ago

I have what I assume is an easy question for folks who know the original 5D camera well. I do not own it, and have no experience with it whatever. But my brother (a new grandpa! recently bought a used one & is having some trouble adjusting the settings. I tried to help him out over the holidays but I became flummoxed as well. So ... here I am.

Right now the camera is set to shoot RAW at the highest quality setting (the "smooth L" is what I call it). But my brother wants to set it to JPG or RAW & JPG & neither of us can figure out how to do that. I expected, under menu settings for Quality, to have all those options available but it looks like the only options are the various L, M & S with RAW.

Unfortunately no manual accompanied the sale, so I thought I'd ask here for a basic primer as to how to change the settings from RAW to either RAW & JPG or just JPG. When I scrolled thru the menu settings very quickly (I only spent around 3min total with the camera & could easily have missed something obvious, so apologies in advance if this is the case) I did not see a solution.

Any help appreciated,

zhak

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow