Started Dec 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,152Gear list
Like?
Hollywood Studios: MFNR & HDR night, and a few randoms
Dec 30, 2013

I still wanted to get through and share a few more of my Disney trip shots for any out there who might be Disney fans, as well as to share night handheld HDR and MFNR shots, and a few random type shots around the Disney Hollywood Studios theme park.  I had previously taken some long-exposure, tripod-mounted shots in Epcot center, but this day, decided to leave the tripod back at the room and travel light...I knew there would be some night shot opportunities, but I figured I could get away with using HDR around dusk and blue hour, and MFNR as the night came on.  All shots are with the A580 & SAL18-250mm lens - I stuck to one camera, one lens, no bag that day.  The random shots are a few from the various shows or rides in the park, just for fun.  Here goes:

Blue hour in front of their recreation of the Grumman's/Mann's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles - using in-camera HDR

Still pushing in-camera HDR as blue hour was still glowing a bit - this is the gate that leads to Pixar Place

One of the art-deco style buildings in the park - with crowds endlessly streaming by - HDR here too

MFNR as it was getting darker - this is the Mickey's of Hollywood store, right at the entrance to Hollywood Blvd.

Man on Fire, from the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show

Motorcycle driving through a window at the same stunt show

I can't help myself - I love taking shots like this just for fun - this is a roughly 20-frame sequence taken with the camera steadied on a rail at 7fps as a stunt car jumps from one truck to another, then to the ground.  All the frames are stacked in layers to create the sequence effect

Scenery from the Great Movie Ride - this was 1920s New York, gangster era, recreating Cagney films - ISO6400 needed and single frame, as I was on a moving ride and had a slowish lens

Clint Eastwood as the Man With No Name from Spaghetti Western times - B&W seemed to work better with high ISO and took away some of the plastic look of the character

This is a nearly impossible shot - the room goes from pure blackness to blinding strobes - getting a single frame timed with the strobe and trying to meter blackness and bright light at the same time!  I did a quick burst and one out of 10 frames caught the strobe, but blown out...since this was Alien attacking the ride car, the blow out didn't bother me as it added to the urgency of the moment, under attack by a killer Alien!

Comments, questions, critique always welcomed.  Just sharing my last vacation, before the Christmas Holiday kicked in and back to the birding again...which interrupted me finishing the trip photos!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow