I know it's OT but a brief Lightroom 5 question.

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Don Karner
Contributing MemberPosts: 749Gear list
Like?
I know it's OT but a brief Lightroom 5 question.
7 months ago

Just got my Panasonic G6 2 lens kit and decided that along with it I would get Lightroom 5.

I know this isn't a camera question but there are a lot of Lightroom gurus here who can probably answer this quickly.

Is there no way to use Lightroom without having to catalog, library and import all of my pictures?

I have thousands of pictures taken with 7D, Eos M, Nikon D80, D100, point and shoots etc. and the task seems quite daunting.

I've been using Photoshop for years and have my pictures stored in folders and dated just like I like them.  Seems like with Lighroom I will have to reinvent the wheel.  I really would like to just use the product to process my raw files! I'm wondering what some of you folks do who were in a similar situation.  Any help or suggestions here would be most appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Ol' Don in Broken Arrow

Don Karner's gear list:Don Karner's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D100 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow