"Sooc" ability of Fuji DSLRs in my pro work (PICS)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JF69
Regular MemberPosts: 378
Like?
"Sooc" ability of Fuji DSLRs in my pro work (PICS)
7 months ago

I'm starting a new thread about this great sooc (straight out-of-cam……you learn that acronym when you shoot Fuji ) quality of Fujifilm cameras, especially since they are still the sooc skintones kings by far of any camera, from the D800/e to the A7r to the 5D3 to the 7D to the Olympus models (which were always good in the ooc skintone rendering).

Some sooc images from my work (if you click on "original size " beneath each pic you'll get a better sharper unresized version)

During a TV program, delivery of images on DVD required right after work (DR of scene quite high):

S5+ Tamron 17-50mm nonVC, ISO 640, 1/60s @ƒ2.8

Sooc JPEG of Calamari plate for client (marketing Communications agency):

S5 + Zeiss ZF50 ƒ2 Makro, ISO 100 at ƒ5.6

Scene with high DR during a Catholic rite of Confirmation Mass (won't post pics of individual children here):

S5 + Tamron 17-50, ISO640 1/30s @ƒ3.5

Product placement during a TV program, I had only 10-20 seconds to grab this shot, they also needed JPEG there & then:

S5 + Tamron 17-50mm, ISO 640 1/40s @ƒ4

Sooc JPEG on make-up promo, followed by 100% crop (also untouched, saved as PNG to avoid artefacts, might take a bit more to load, pls be patient )

S5 + Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit 100mm ƒ2.8 (Leitaxed), ISO 100 1/125s @ƒ4

untouched 100% crop of above, saved as PNG to try to avoid upload artefacts:

100% crop of above

Saxophone Quartet, sooc JPEG again:

S5 +  Tamron 17-50mm, ISO 200 1/40s @ƒ4.5 (click "original size" below to view better)

The amazing sooc colors, sooc skintone under a variety of conditions (it's not just a question of WB) & great sooc JPEGs are such a boon to my work, the Fuji S5 was once quoted on this forum as "giving you back your life" (from endless post-processing with other cams just to get a baseline image).

Regards to all fellow Fujistas!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow