ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cdogstu99
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
New Camera Advice for Beginner
7 months ago

Hi,

I'm seeking advice for my first DSLR camera.  I now use my Iphone for all my pictures and as you can imagine, I'm a bit frustrated with the ultimate quality of the images.  I'm seeking a new camera to use for taking pictures with my family.  But, I do think that I'd also really like to understand photography further, take a class, and have something that will last me for a while.

At the same time I'm also trying to save a few bucks.  After reading many posts on this forum, I've narrowed down my selection to a Nikon (seems like they are the best?).  So, my ultimate targets would be either a d3200, d5100, d5200, or d7000.

I saw a d7000 with 18-140 lens at BB which seems like a decent deal for $900, but not sure I'm ready to spend that much on a camera, since I am such a beginner.

Would I be better off with a D3200...which I can get new with lens for half the price?  OR should I step up and prepare for the long term and get a nicer one?

Uggh...decisions!

Nikon D3200 Nikon D5100 Nikon D5200 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow