Contributing MemberPosts: 772Gear list
Like?
Re: Rodrigue
In reply to Edward48, 7 months ago

Edward48 wrote:

Rodrigue Zahr wrote:

Edward48 wrote:

Rodrigue Zahr wrote:

Forgot to mention to you that you should not underestimate your XV LOVE for high ISO. Don't be afraid shooting even around 6400! Your dull weather is ideal for that. Can't wait to see some samples in both color and B&W at high ISO. You'll love the non destructive pattern of the grain this camera produce.
Also keep image stabilization ON. It allows me to Shoot down to 1/8 handheld.

I have to say Rodrigue that shooting ISO 6400 doesn't come naturally to me! On other cameras I have it would just be a crazy thing to do and a waste of time and effort. Another thing on my 'To Do' list.

All the best
Mike

I mention the digit 6400 to encourage you guys go beyond your safety zone and experiment with Hi ISO settings not just when it's dark but also in daylight! 800 to 3200 adds a beautiful grain to the image that silver effex pro would envy

Hi Rodrigue, I hope you had a good Christmas. I'm just back home with some ISO3200 files. You are spot on, they are very good indeed, with a nice grainy look to them.

All the best
Mike

Same to you, now let me wish you the best Newyear eve ever.

let's see more of your Vario's outcomes... Cheers.

Rodrigue Zahr's gear list:Rodrigue Zahr's gear list
Leica X Vario Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RaajNew
JimNew
PapNew
PaulNew
JohnNew
PaulNew
DovNew
JohnNew
MikeNew
EmilNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow