Anyone with a favorite handholding video stabilizer?

Started Dec 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,995Gear list
Like?
Anyone with a favorite handholding video stabilizer?
Dec 30, 2013

I have need to shoot some video but have no way to hold the thing steady enough to shoot video.  I have looked at a number of stabilizer rigs but no idea how to choose one.  So maybe someone here has played enough to invest in a stabilizer or two?

Counter balance, over the shoulder, dual hand or one hand (with my hands one hand is not ideal)...with no experience have no clue which will work best so any person observations from real use will be very appreciated.

I know the K5 video is just, well, it has video at best.  The goal for this pass is a demo video for proof of concept rather than production quality.  We will reshoot as needed later with a better video rig later.  But still want to make the video as pleasing as possible for this pass and no "queasy cam" effect.  Hence the need for a stabilizing handheld camera mount/bracket.

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow