surprised myself - i just ordered an LF1!

Started Dec 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pcake
Contributing MemberPosts: 692Gear list
Like?
surprised myself - i just ordered an LF1!
Dec 30, 2013

i've been wanting a camera to carry all the time, but the protruding lens on my E-PM2 made it not very portable and i do sometimes need at least 5x zoom (more is better), so the LX7 was out. also i really prefer framing through a viewfinder, so when i first read about the LF1, i was pretty stoked as it seemed to be the one. then i started reading complaints about the EVF, which worried me a bit.

so yesterday i went to samy's to try it. honestly for my needs the EVF was fine. i handled the camera for a while (as well as the panny GX7 and the sony A7 - both cameras rocked, btw), tried it in low light areas of the store, shot a few pics, messed with settings. i might have liked a small grip, but overall i found it very easy to handle, and left thinking i'd get one soon but wanted to spend a little time with my husband's G15 - a great camera, and a definite contender, but i do find myself wishing for a little more zoom with it.

so i was wandering the web checking out various picture samples, board comments and reviews, and i ended up at bhphotovideo, and surprise, surprise - they still had the LF1 on sale for $299.

what can i say? i'm weak, weak, but i really wanted a carryaround camera with a fast lens and a viewfinder. after reminding myself that if i didn't love it, i could exchange it, i started to order the LF1, got cold feet, stopped, spent a little more time reading about different cameras, then snuck up on my cart and finished buying the LF1 in black.
woohoo!

can't wait

pcake's gear list:pcake's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow