ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PabloMather
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Simplifying with X100s
8 months ago

Hi,

Just after some general thoughts and wondering if anyone has already done what I am contemplating.

I currently own an Olympus EPL5 with the Panasonic 14, the Panasonic 25 and the Olympus 45 set of prime lenses. I shoot mainly family stuff, my kids, holidays, family events etc. I use the vf4 viewfinder all the time.

I like my setup, but I don't love it. It's clunky and still too big. I find I have the camera on auto most of the time and have not developed as a photographer that much since I got the camera as an upgrade from my Panasonic p&s.

So, I was thinking...and that can be dangerous...

I use mainly my Panasonic 25. So why not simplify my set up and get a Fuji X100s. I can travel light. Always have a fantastic camera on hand and I might even learn how to use it. I will buy a small travel zoom for those times when I need more reach or a wider FOV. I love the look of the Fuji. I love the idea of simplifying my setup. Learning how to use one focal length really well.

Anyway, what do you think?

PabloMather's gear list:PabloMather's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow