ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joachim Gerstl
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,333Gear list
Like?
VSCO presets slow down Lightroom?
8 months ago

Hi,

Lately I got performance issues with my MacBook Pro ( 2010 model, i7, 8GB, SSD ). It was very slow in Lightroom 5.3 especially when skimping images in the library module. There was a massive delay and every 4 to 5 images the rotating ball appeared.

I deleted all me 1:1 previews. And cleaned some things from my Mac and everything seemed fine and fast again.

Then I realized that I also deleted all VSCO film presets. After the reinstallation it is slow again. So I deleted some of them film 2 and 3 and some film presets of 1 and 4 and it is noticeable faster but not as fast as without the presets. To forget about the presets is not an option as I like them a lot.

I have no technical explanation why a preset should slow down LR but that's the way i is. Any ideas what I can try out to solve the issue. I already wrote VSCO but they will not be back before 6th of January.

Thank you very much in advance!

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D +16 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow