Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pete2
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Upgrading DMC-FZ100
10 months ago

I am not buying cameras every year. I bought FZ10 and switched it to FZ100 some years ago. I have also a pocket size Panasonic for travel use. Now i've been waiting for the new FZ250 (or similar) but it seems to take some time and now I've been thinking that it could also be something different.

Could you help to select the correct camera.

What I need from the camera. The first priority is that the image should be as good as possible. The weight and size should not go much over the FZ100 so that I can carry it around when travelling. I don't like to switch between lenses (I've have had a SLR with several lenses in a big camera case and I didn't use it much). Only one lens with a good zoom  but I have noticed that I don't need the top end of the FZ100 so I could live with a smaller zoom. Price level is "flexible" as long as i get something with the money.

One possibility is a bigger sensor. With a four thirds sensor you have the new DMC-GX7 and DMC-G6. Those with a lens Lumix G Vario 14-140mm could be a possibility.

What do you think? And is the bigger sensor the way to go? Any other suggestions for the camera?

Pete2's gear list:Pete2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow