Am I right that DXO Mark measures relatively close up performance, rather than at infinity?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidevans1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,057
Like?
Am I right that DXO Mark measures relatively close up performance, rather than at infinity?
7 months ago

Or am I wrong?!

I've often wondered when I'm looking at lens review sites, whether the review of the lens SHARPNESS is at different focus points or just at a chart at a set (relatively short) distance.

Presumably different distances are needed when testing telephotos compared with wide angled lenses?

Also do they test a number of different copies of the same lens and average the score, or is it just one random lens (so subject to the vagaries of quality control)?

What I'm getting at is what is the best place to find out how well a number of copies of the same lens works at longer distances (as well as shorter distances) with a particular camera?

Final part to this question - is there an MTF score beyond which the level of sharpness is pretty academic (i.e. not discernible to the human eye when viewing at 100%)?

-- hide signature --

David

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow