Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pannyics
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
OM-D E-M1 weakness in the paint-job
7 months ago

I've recently bought the OM-D E-M1, and I'm very pleased with the camera's performance. However, I've found a few minor scratches on the edges: one on the edge of the hump, another on the corner of the hot shoe, and another on the left side (side without the grip) on the edge on the metal strip above the leather thin, where the two meets (right above the mic input). Now, I've not dropped or hit this camera on anything. When in the bag, nothing can scratch it (I put all my lenses in pouches) so I'm really bewildered how such a well built camera that's supposed to have class leading weather sealing, and be rugged and ready to be abused can have such a lousy paint-job. Is anyone having the same problem? Is this like a defect with how Olympus paints these cameras? I've used Olympus's previous DSLRs, and they were built like tanks. I'd dropped my E-1 from an elephant back and it barely left a scratch (though that fried the motherboard). I've thrown my E-3 in a bag with lenses not in pouches, with so many things scratching that thing, and there are barely any scratches on my E-3. So why is the E-M1 not the same? Please help.

Thanks

-- hide signature --
 pannyics's gear list:pannyics's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow