Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tommygun45
Contributing MemberPosts: 990Gear list
Like?
Niagara Falls with the Nex 6
8 months ago

Just got home from a trip up to Niagara Falls. I had never been there before but the hotel rates were cheap. Probably because it was incredibly freezing and I almost got frost bite every time I had to take a picture or set up my tripod. Anyways, I think the results were worth the temporary pain. I couldn't really pick out any specific pictures. I am showing all of these for specific reasons. I will try to put why in their caption areas. Anywho, C+C always welcome. Most were shot with the 35 1.8, a few with the FD 24 2.8, and some with the SEL16+UWA and lowly pz1650 ;-).

First night there, looking towards Canada. SEL35

FD 50 1.4. Everything. In. Ice.

SEL16 UWA Canadian Side

SEL35 American side. Mist from the falls coats EVERYTHING in ice. Quite slippery.

Really liked the IQ here from the 35 1.8

American side. People put in for scale.

Panorama taken with the Canon FD 24 2.8 held sideways. I couldn't find the seam lines.

Straight non-panorama with FD 24 2.8

Girlfriend took this goofy shot of me. Shes wasn't tall enough to compose it properly and its shot wide open at 1.8 with the SEL35, but I thought it gave a bit of that 3d effect they talk about with Zeiss glass.

The lowly PZ1650 strikes!

Of course I had to go back to the 35 for more serious pictures...

The long exposures reveal the donut shapes from the lights.

Metallic look to the water.

Shortest fireworks show ever. From 9:00 to 9:02. I was moving with the quickness just to get my tripod set up and almost ate it about 3 times running down an ice slicked path. Oh well.

Anyways, thanks for looking. If you've never been, maybe this will save you a trip!

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow