Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Swervin Mervin
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Hello - New member with a question
9 months ago

Hi all. I'm Andy and I live on the sunny South coast of the UK near Brighton.

This is the first photography forum I've joined.  I've owned my E500 now for around 8 years (since my son was born) and it has given me sterling service. I've got four lenses now so am kinda committed to the whole Olympus thing after my wife bought me a macro lens for Christmas. 

I've not really had a chance to try out it's macro capabilities but boy does it take some fabulously clear images of faces......it has reawakened my interest in photography and I'm now thinking of upgrading from my trusty E500.

Can any of you give me any advice as to where you would put your money? I will be looking for a used camera and even the E410's look like an upgrade due to the 10mp sensor. The 510's, 520's and 620's have bigger sensors and image stabilisation (Is this worth having?)

Other options are a used E3.

I really don't know enough about the good and the bad of other Olympus camera's to make an informed decision....anyone help?

Swervin Mervin's gear list:Swervin Mervin's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Olympus E-3 Pentax Optio E50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow