Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neostyles
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Need help...Considering upgrading to D7000
4 months ago

Hey all. So, ive been using a pentax K20d for the last year or so.  Im looking at switching to the D7000.  One of the major reasons for this is the noise performance. I tend to quite a bit of photography at night (particularly portrait photography) and anything above iso 400 tends to lose quite a bit of detail.  So, my question is how does the D7000 do in low light with high iso?

The problem with this of course is that i am restricted to slow shutter speeds so it is impossible to capture any type of movement at all. I mean, just a few months back i tried to shoot in a theater type environment with fairly low light (the stage was well lit though.) The subjects were by no means fast moving.  They were simply walking around yet a lot of them came out bleary.  For example.  The pic below should give you an idea of what I was trying to shoot.

Ive also looked at the D7100 as well but being a student, it is a bit out of my price range (unless someone has one they would be willing to sell for around $800 .)

1/15 sec, iao 800 | K20D

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Pentax K20D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow