Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
S3ZAi
Contributing MemberPosts: 732Gear list
Like?
sonystore vs. other, internet or real shops
8 months ago

Where I live most of the time I cannot buy sony gear in shops, I can order them, but there are only three photography shops left in my town, all quite small. One of them never had any sony gear, one of them has had only the nex types, because sony dslrs never sold, according to the salesperson and the last one I don't trust, they have a very low reputation in general, also on internet. The second shop is actually quite nice and I do like to support small shops like that where they really do their best to do honest business and stuf, but when I order something there, it takes much much longer for me to get something as opposed to ordering online. So for me buying in a real shop is almost not doable.

Then there are options online: buy directly from sony store netherlands, or buy from third party sellers, like amazon. Adorama and b&h don't ship to my location or sometimes shipping&handling goes over a 100$. So my options online are also restricted. My only source most of the time is from amazon, and in particular the german site, because amazon us and uk also have quite some s&h costs or they simply don't ship some items to my location.

Now I have been following the zeiss 55 1.8 fe lens online, I see now it's in stock in many online stores, I could order it from amazon germany, but for some reason I want to buy it directly from sony online store. With older stuff sometimes sonystore is more expensive, but with newer stuff there is almost no price-difference, so why not buy it from the guys themselves. I somehow think it will be better when something goes wrong to directly contact sony with my purchase there.

What do you guys prefer and why? What are your experiences in general?

Should I wait a few more days and see if sony netherlands gets this lens in stock or should I just buy it from amazon or some other online source? The main problem I have is that I would like to try and see the A7r with this lens before the 30 day period is over for the camera. I think, well I'm almost sure I will keep it, but still, I have the feeling that it is half the product, I want to have a chance to experience the real potential of the camera before I fully and officially commit.

S3ZAi's gear list:S3ZAi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow