Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,652Gear list
Like?
6D results so far
11 months ago

It's very interesting indeed comparing the OMD-EM1 to the 6D. Some might say it's absurd, but it is NOT as much as one might think. After some working with them this afternoon I would say that yes, they are different animals. The added depth of field has it's place which the Olympus brings to the table, but so in equal terms does the ability to blur backgrounds the 6D offers. In some shooting in dark shadow I thought I was noting approximately a good stop or so better noise performance from the Canon both fixed at ISO800, but in the fashion of allowing the race horse to run as it wants to, I took both on auto ISO and let them run. The Oly I strapped at a top ISO of 3200 just to be safe in the beginning. In lowered late afternoon light the Canon chose ISO 12,500 which blew me away while the Oly of course immediately chose 3200. Here is what really surprised me. The 12,500 shots on the 6D were literally devoid of any noise whatsoever. And the light exposed was greater than what the eye saw, so very impressive indeed. The Olympus did just fine, but indeed showed some noise in the lower light white areas. It's mind boggling to imagine a camera that would shoot at ISO 12,800 to compare and better one shooting at ISO 3200. But anyway here are two examples of OOC shots taken with the 6D. The 1st it chose ISO 100 as it was good light outdoor. The 2nd was one indoors at 12,800. The color and detail and utter lack of noise is rather intoxicating I must admit.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow