Does anyone else strive for classic portraiture?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Daro31
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
Does anyone else strive for classic portraiture?
11 months ago

I wonder if any one else but me in this group, when they come to a portrait group think of finding inspiration and tips to do kind of portraiture that you would find when you opened a coffee tablebook called portraits by whowever. I am now retired and have the time to persue work like I used to see in books by Karsh, Snowedon, or even Kenny  Rogers. Am I stuck in the past wanting to get just one high quality portrait that I would like to sign and date. This photo above I wanted to do something like and had my eyes open for a subject. I asked this fellow if he would sit for me when I saw him on the street. As he his roady with touring bands it took 6 months to get it together, but finally we put it together in my garage. My question, I guess is anyone else here planning their next portrait and do people still appreciate or want to do work like the old masters.

I

Daro31's gear list:Daro31's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 SF Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +12 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow