Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
turbsy
Contributing MemberPosts: 655Gear list
Like?
Ballhead Question.
8 months ago

This might not be the best place for this but I will be putting a D800 on it.  For thw past few years i have been using a Linhof Profi 2 Ballhead on my Gitzo gt2932 tripod.  I got a great deal on it off ebay and up until recently it did its job.  in the last few months it has started to cease up and now it wont let me tighten it at all.  I have taken it apart and found that the bearings inside the head that tighten the ball are a mess and full of rust.  i will try to clean it up and see how it works but i don't think its really fixable.

Now I have started to look at new heads and am leaning towards the Acratech GV2.  I like the open design of the head and the price seems right.  My heaviest rig would be my D800 with 300mm f4 afs and 1.4tc.

Does anyone know if this head will handle the weight or are there better options out there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

turbsy's gear list:turbsy's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow