I'd like suggestions for Atlanta skyline time lapse exposure settings sunset >night.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KENTGA
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,442Gear list
Like?
I'd like suggestions for Atlanta skyline time lapse exposure settings sunset >night.
9 months ago

We're going this afternoon to shoot Atlanta skyline and I'd like to do a time lapse of the Atlanta skyline from, say, 30 minutes before sunset until after dark. I'd probably do 2 to 4 minutes between shots. My question is what settings do I use to get proper exposures from beginning to end---- hopefully without having to adjust the settings too much. I'd like for the daylight photos to look like daylight and the after sunset and dark photos to look that way rather than the camera trying to compensate by making the night photos "brighter"--- i.e. I want the night photos of the building to look like night photos. I have the Canon timer and I'd appreciate suggestions for which mode (P, Tv, Av or M) and shutter and aperture settings and ISO. I have 7D & 6D.

Thanks in advance,

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D +14 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow