Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
noyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?
The stupid Fujifilm X Mount question
9 months ago

I do realise to some this will be a stupid question and that the answer is likely to be 'yes', but here it is -

Are all Fujifilm X Mount lenses compatible with all Fujifilm X series interchangeable lens cameras?

Since the outset I've been assuming they were but I have recently been struggling to see this written anywhere credible. Sometimes what would seem to be obvious is not actually the case in reality.

Also, I know the XC and XF lenses are primarily distinguished by not-having/having an aperture ring respectively.

If you fit the XF lens on the X-A1 or X-M1 will the aperture ring be redundant or functional?

If you fit the XC lens on the X-E2, X-E1 or X-Pro1 are there sufficient on-camera controls to compensate for the absence of the aperture ring?

Reviews seem to presume the kit lens purchased with respective cameras will be used only on the combination supplied and only seem to consider that a prime or telephoto appropriate to the camera model is used. Unless I missed something, somewhere.

Can they be mixed about at will?

-- hide signature --

Norman Young
www.noyo.co.uk

noyo's gear list:noyo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-M1 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow