Simple Yet Frustrating Lightroom Problem Newbie.. any thoughts?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greg Nold
Regular MemberPosts: 178
Like?
Simple Yet Frustrating Lightroom Problem Newbie.. any thoughts?
7 months ago

Good morning folks... I'm still very new with Lightroom 5.... having what must be a simple problem and I can't find an entry in the index my Lightroom 'How-To' book I purchased. I will try to be brief:

1. I imported some jpeg photos from my SD Card and made edits.

2. I wanted to work on a different group of photos, so I imported a new series of photos, but I did NOT export the first series of photos to any folder in my computer (made assumption my changes were being 'saved' to the photos.)

3. Now that I am done editing the second series of photos, I wish to go back to the first series and apply more edits... but I can't seem to bring them up to work on them again. The only way I know to bring them up is to import them again from my hard drive -- where they reside -- yet when I try this, the photos are grayed-out. I think this must be telling me that they are already 'in' Lightroom... so I know I must be doing something wrong.

1st Question: How do I bring up photos again for additional edits, which I previously worked on? (Note that they were not saved as collections or anything.)

2nd Question: Was I wrong to assume my edits were being saved to my photos as I was working?

3rd Question: Even though it seemed redundant to export jpeg photos as jpegs, shluld I have still exported anyway?

Thanks for any thoughts on this....as you can see, I still have much to learn!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow