Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ragmanjin
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
PowerShots can't do purple!?
7 months ago

I just found out Canon Powershots can't do purples. Is this a surprise to anyone else?

I've been eyeing this new (brand irrelevant) enthusiast compact and went onto the forum to ask people how it stacks up against the G11 I have now, and one response mentioned Canon point and shoots can't do purple. I didn't believe it at all, but I found and photographed all the purple things in my house with my G11 and not one of them looks purple on the screen, and even in the RAW file there's a HUGE difference between the purple that exists in reality and the "purple" the camera thought it was. Here's what he said in the response:

"yada yada yada...(brand/model irrelevant)...more accurate color photos than the S95 does. Actually just a few days ago, a camera salesman told me the Canon compact cameras could not capture purple correctly. I did not believe, so he brought out a Powershot S120 and shot at a purple business card. The purple card appeared blue instead of purple. He told me he had a G10 and it had the same issue...blah blah blah.......You can check your camera by going to the Yahoo page and shoot at the logo and see whether the logo appears blue or purple."

I don't mean to make a big deal here or bash Canons, I've got a good four or five years out of my G11. But this new piece of information absolutely astounded me. All I want to know is, is this common knowledge here in the Canon PowerShot forum that Canon struggles with purple or is it just a few models, a few sensors or a few copies that have this problem? Does yours have this problem?

-Raj

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4

ragmanjin's gear list:ragmanjin's gear list
Samsung Pro815 Canon PowerShot G11 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +7 more
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow