Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hindesite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,254
Like?
Snapseed and the G6 (several images)
9 months ago

I've been traveling and visiting family before Christmas so had an ideal opportunity to not use my normal image management and editing tools. Although I did take a tabletPC with me, I found it was far easier to use my Android tablet instead. And the best tool for editing, for me, was Snapseed.

It is possible to use this to just lightly adjust images, or heavily mangle them almost beyond recognition - which I quite like doing. While "proper" PCs obviously have their place, the rise in importance of mobile and touch platforms should not be underrated - these will continue to grow in ubiquity and in capability.

Snapseed has an excellent user interface - it is a delight to use, and really shows how apps can be optimised for touch, and show why Windows apps do not, and may not ever, work on touch devices in its current form.

Even though the G6 has connectivity with my tablet, I found it easier to just use the card reader to transfer images. There is room for improvement from Panasonic here; the difference in comfort between using their Image App and Snapseed is quite jarring.

Favourite tools in Snapseed? Crop, and the normal adjustment tools, including sharpness for downsized images. And ambiance - but I sometimes like a heavily PP look for some of my subjects and others may not use this. Downside might be some images seem to lose sharpness when viewed closely, but they are good enough for web use.

Here are a few examples - they are not works of art, but I enjoy them; any one else have good experiences with Snapseed and images to share?

Derelict building, SH1, north of Bulls.

Lake Taupo

Lizzie and Vulcan

Hokianga

Near Rawene

Koutu Boulders

A Koutu Boulder

Koutu Boulders

Kerikeri Stone Store

Oh yeah, DPR needs to fix the "constructive criticism" tick box, since it does nothing. I'm not actually looking for criticism - I'm sure I'll get that anyway - but rather, other examples from people here who use Snapseed with their m4/3 images.

-- hide signature --
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow