ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrcowdude20
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
1D MK. 3 or 7D for Sports?
10 months ago

Hi,

I posted a thread on a few other forums about my question of what camera I should upgrade to. I shoot high school indoor basketball (low light = high ISO) and I have the T3 right now. I have quickly outgrown it and am ready for an upgrade. I just got my 70-200 and I feel as if the 3 FPS from the T3 is just holding me back from my full potential.

I know gear does not necessarily mean a better photographer, but common, its a T3.

SO, here is my real question. I narrowed down my choices for a Canon 7D, or the 1D Mark III. I am just torn. On one form, people like the 1D, the other 7D.

While the 7D is newer, I just love the 10 FPS and bigger body (for portrait shots) from the 1D. I am leaning towards the 1D, but I think I am deciding on which has better ISO. I will not be printing HUGE prints, maybe smaller prints to sell to parents. Right now, the 12 MP is more then I use from the T3, so the 10 MP from the 1D is not a let down.

What camera should I get? Has anybody owned both?

FYI, I am buying used, and the prices are very similar and I can afford both. Obviously, if I go for the 1D I will carefully look at the serial number so I get the corrected one.

Thanks!

mrcowdude20's gear list:mrcowdude20's gear list
Canon EOS 1100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +1 more
Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50) Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow