Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alex 25i
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
Canon 70d Vs elph 110 Hs 16mp point and shoot
10 months ago

Hi, I have been using a 110hs point and shoot camera. And have been very impressed with it , had friends who would claim that my shots looked better than their DSLR. At the time I thought maybe they didn't understand the settings or whatever else or they just had a Low end camera. I like to take creative photos and over time I was getting a bit frustrated with the lag or the time lag in taking photos and some noise. I was missing them, normally I could get ready for it and catch it. So I said I am getting a dSLR. I didn't want to skimp so I figured I would get a Mark 5d III. In the end I felt a 70d should do the job. It has the wireless function I think I would use. So got the STM 18-55 for general usage. I take photos of people. I impressed myself with the money I spent, feeling NOW I can really take some amazing shots. I took it to a few Christmas parties. After using it, I was not so impressed. I felt not only does my point and shot fit in my pocket, and last long on battery. I felt the photos on my point and shoot look better. I said to myself I must be doing something wrong. So set up both cameras and took a shot in Auto. Then took both the photos to my wife and said, Pick the expensive camera photo. She picked the point and shoot. Yesterday I took many photos trying to match the shot in auto. The 110hs has less noise in the photo in the dark areas. So here I am spending 12 times the cost of my point and shoot and not getting any better quality shots. I do a lot of editing on all my photos. So far, I am not seeing the amazing quality I thought I would. The elph 110 hs uses the digic 5 and saves in 16mp format.

I have attached the photos, Both were auto. So input please?? is a digic a digic???

70d When you pixel peep along the Blue touchpad boarder you can see a lack of detail.  Both were auto

Elph 110 hs

Alex 25i's gear list:Alex 25i's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S3600 Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow