NJ service center??

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Steven-T
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,110Gear list
Like?
Re: NJ service center??
In reply to Sal18, 10 months ago

Sal18 wrote:

I think I have to send my 5DIII in to get serviced for a weird problem I had on my last shoot. I am interested in recent experience with the New Jersey service center. Good? Not so good? Slow? Fast?

My problem is that though I have never shot jpegs with this camera, only RAW, ¾ of the files from my last shoot were jpegs! I had done no menu diving at all…just used my usual go-to settings. Since the camera has another month under warrantee I thought it would be worthwhile to send it in.

I'm grateful for your wisdom and advice,

Sal

3-4 years ago, my 5D had a power problem.  The camera was sent in four times, and I finally got a replacement refurbished unit.  About two years ago, I had a problem with my 5D2, again power problem.

If memory serves, from their website, I found a form, filled it and sent camera in.  The first time was under warranty, subsequent ones were not, but within the three months period for repair warranty (?).

It was pretty fast, within a week returning.  My experience is quite positive.

Good luck. . . Steven

Steven-T's gear list:Steven-T's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow