Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeraldW
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,991Gear list
Like?
ZS7 (or ZS6) comments, please
9 months ago

I just ordered a used ZS6, and it should arrive Monday evening.  I've been looking for a ZS6, and I hope this is a good one.  The plan, once I get the battery charged, is to set the in-camera sharpening to +1, and NR to -2, and also see the effect of saturation at o & +1.

I did do a search here and found several posts with comments; but I'm looking for more.  I do know the ZS5, 6, and 7 are closely related, and are the only generation of ZS (TZ) cameras that have the Picture Adjust menu item with the sharpening, contrast, saturation, and NR controls.  I have tried the ZS15; but no Picture Adjust, and I really didn't like the color rendition or having to use iResolution.  I also tried a ZS3; but the loose mode dial and poor low light IQ was a turn off.  I have also tried a couple of Canon travel zooms- the SX230HS which has fairly strong chromatic aberration, GPS, no front grip, and a squatty 16:9 LCD; and the SX260HS which has a longer and wider; but slower lens, uncertain AF, and an odd texture to images that I really didn't like.

I have my fingers crossed.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow