Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gacetillero
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
XE2 vs XP1 plus cheap lenses
4 months ago

So, my X-Pro 1 was stolen, and while I'm working on the insurance paperwork I'm wondering about replacing it.

My 18mm was taken with the XP1, so I'm left with just the 35mm.

I can get an XE2 body for £800, or I can get another XP1 for about £950 - but for the £950, they'll throw in an 18mm and I can send off for a free 27mm.

I'd still have to stump up for the 23mm, which I had been planning to do before the camera was stolen.

So... I'm undecided. I had thought that I'd plump for the XE2 and stump up for the lenses separately - maybe getting the 14mm instead of the 18mm - until reading that the EVF is basically invisible in bright sunshine unless you wear a hat or shield it with your hand.

That makes the hybrid VF in the XP1 seem rather appealing again, and makes me wonder if I should go for the cheap lens deal. I was getting on pretty well with the XP1 previously, although the faster AF, lower lag and geotagging in the XE2 are all quite attractive.

So, I thought I'd pick the forum's collective brain for advice. Any thoughts?

The radical third option is to just buy an X100s and force myself to live with one lens, which I'm also mulling... I am rather a fan of the 35mm equiv. perspective.

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow