Wah Chan
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji x100s vs D800E auto white balance JPG
In reply to Paul Liukas, 11 months ago

Paul Liukas wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

The D800e WB is clearly off.

However the D800e WB is highly customizable. This one example does not even scratch the surface of what the D800e can do provided one is willing to go a little beyond the built-in settings.

The bottom line is that if one spends $3,000 on a d800e, shoot JPEG and intends to stick to the built-in settings then maybe the D800e AWB will not provide the best results. There is currently another post starting by Shortcent comparing Df to D800e. And a similar observation can be made (caveat: in each case we're only looking at one example, and conclusions cannot be drawn from just one example).

Thank you for sharing the results.

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

No, you are not right. Never shoot JPG, but the thing is that camera nearly 3 times more expensive has worse WB than nearly point and shoot camera. Yes, you can customize, but you pay money for the things which are standard on other cameras. The same in raw, if I shoot raw and need to change WB every time I got it on Capture NX?

discussion is about this small camera from fuji, that has better OOC WB in many cases. That's a strange thing for me. Can you agree?

-- hide signature --

After long buying, testing, selling journey, final destination: D800E + Zeiss 25 f2 (landscape) + Sigma 35 f1.4 (general) + Zeiss 50 f2 (general, food) + Nikon 85 f1.8G (portrait) + Zeiss 100 f2 (food, landscape)

discussion is about this small camera from fuji, that has better OOC WB in many cases. That's a strange thing for me. Can you agree?

I totally agreed with you... In the old days . I had owned the S2 S3 S5 .The Fuji sensors were much better than my D2x . D2xs.....In the meantime ,I owned a Fuji X-E1 , that has better OOC WB than my D3s , D700 and D800 in many cases . I love my Fuji XE-1 . But little slow for action shots. The other favorite choose is my D800 ....very sharp jpg images @36MP ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow