Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kazkioken
Contributing MemberPosts: 509
Like?
A7 from Nex 5N, 7...what a GREAT camera
7 months ago

Nothing new to be said here that I don't already see in many threads.  Even though I knew what to expect when opening my early photos from the A7 I was pretty taken back by how different they look than from my Nex bodies.  I have been steadily using Nex bodies since the 5 - and recently with the Metabones Speed Booster for FD.  While the extra speed is wonderful the larger sensor is just in a different league.

There is much more micro contrast and the ability to shoot in much higher iso is really wonderful.  Paired with some moderately fast lens you can easily shoot in 3200, 6400 and have very clean images.  These are iso's I would not ever shoot in with my Nex bodies, 1600 was the upper limit for me usually.  I'll be using lots of Voigtlander glass, FD, and Nikkor lenses on it - if you're currently a Nex user and on the fence get off it and buy one   Btw a quick test with my Voigt 15 did show color casting and vignetting in the corners but a 5 second adjustment in lightroom got rid of the color / vignetting so I'll be happily using it too.

Here's a couple from the other night at a friend's house for dinner using the Voigt 35 f1.4 classic mc, wide open.  This lens is right at home on this body as it's compact - never understood the mediocre rating of this lens, it renders a great classic look that's perfect for portraits.

-- hide signature --
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow