Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RJDG14
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Olympus SZ31MR questions
4 months ago

I got an SZ31MR digital camera (2012 generation) for Christmas several days ago as the price was half of what it was 18 months ago, and am generally pleased with it, although I have a few questions and issues and would like some advice. My questions are ranked most to least important.

My first issue is that when I tilt the camera forwards when it has been backwards, I can sort of feel the lens giving a little (half a mm or so) which can get a little annoying some of the time, yet it doesn't make me want to send it back. I'd like to know if your one the same experience.

My next issue is a mild creaking (or more of a click) of the speckled plastic to the left of the flash (viewing the camera towards the lens) where the section of plastic round the lens joins to that on top. I've lifted the flash up and have had a small push of the plastic round the lens towards that above, and the two sections come together a little, although only by a tenth of a mm or less. I'd like to know if your one the same experience.

Finally I'm just wondering if there is any way to improve photo quality using the zoomed out mode of everyday scenes - right now the images generally show some speckle and blur when zoomed in completely on my computer, although I'm not to bothered as they don't when viewed at a resolution bigger than fullscreen. In addition I'd like to know how to get the camera in dark/night conditions to absorb less light into glass objects and more onto the ground and sky.

That's all I have for now, and It would be good for somebody on this site to get back to me as soon as you can.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow