Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TonyPhotographer
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Nikon 14-24 versus Nikon 16-35
7 months ago

Hi everyone... This is my first post here on dpreview and I was hoping someone with some first had experience could help me choose between two lenses. I searched the archives here without any results.

I've been interested in getting the Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 lens -- Strictly for landscape shooting. I'm not too keen on the glass protruding beyond the front of the lens because I frequently use ND filters but I was planning on getting around that by buying a WonderPana filter system.

During my research I stumbled upon a review by Ken Rockwell on the Nikon 16-35 f/4 lens. In his review he claims that the 16-35 is the sharpest ultra wide zoom that he's ever tested. Even sharper than the 14-24.

I was thinking of renting them both to see for myself but I thought I'd ask here if anyone has used both and what your opinions were. I'll be using them on my Nikon D800e

The tradeoff to me, beside cost, is giving up the extra stop of light so I don't have to invest in the WonderPana system. I don't think I'd have to shoot wide too often so I think it's a good tradeoff.

Opinions?

-- hide signature --

Anthony Morganti

TonyPhotographer's gear list:TonyPhotographer's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon D7000 +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow