Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ankur2061
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod with 804RC2 Head Kit
10 months ago

I bought a "Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod" today morning for $41 and went home. Tried it for some time with my XM-1 and realized that it was flimsy and of pathetic quality with the clamps for the telescopic tube extensions  of very bad quality.

I took it to back to my photography equipment dealer and complained to him. He suggested if you really want good quality which would last long, go for "Manfrotto" or a "Giotto", but you will have to shell out more than $250 for them. I was a bit reluctant but then decided to go for a "Manfrotto 190XPROB with 804RC2  head kit and shelled out a whopping $262 for this item.

This looks good, sturdy, has a bubble level and the clamps for the telescopic extensions look sturdy unlike the "Hama".

I wanted to know about experiences of other photography buffs for Manfrotto tripods in general and the model I bought in particular and whether it was a justified expenditure.

Regards

ankur2061's gear list:ankur2061's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow