Trying to choose btw G1 X ang G16?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Peter Marchant
Regular MemberPosts: 285Gear list
Like?
Re: Trying to choose btw G1 X ang G16?
In reply to lfk1, 9 months ago

I have a similar decision to make and my choice is also G15/G16 vs G1X.

I already have an EOS 70D SLR and an old Canon A710 which I tend to have with me far more often than the 70D. It needs updating though, hence my interest in this thread.

I don't like to HAVE TO use an LCD to compose as I need reading glasses to focus on the screen, so all my cameras have view finders - no need for specs! This rules out most compacts including the Sony RX100 that someone mentioned - and the EOS M for that matter.

Now I'm sure that the G1X is capable of slightly better quality under testing conditions, but for me, I would leave it at home most days because of its bulk.  The G15/G16 is a similar size to my A710, so I'm almost certainly going for that camera in favour of the G1X.  If I had no SLR, I may have chosen the G1X for "photography days" and a good compact for everyday use.

Peter

Peter Marchant's gear list:Peter Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow