Looking for a new m43: PL5, E-M5 or wait and see what the EM-10 brings

Started Dec 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
FunkyIQ
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for a new m43: PL5, E-M5 or wait and see what the EM-10 brings
In reply to Neurad1, Dec 28, 2013

Neurad1 wrote:

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. In other words, buy a camera that you know has had good reviews. Don't wait for what might turn out to be a disappointment (E-M10). At the rate at which technology changes, you have to accept that you will always wonder if you should have waited for the "new thing". Unfortunately, waiting has an "opportunity-missed cost" that you incur by not having a camera to use.....And the learning and experience is worth far more than the small potential technological increment you might gain by waiting.

Just my opinion.

BTW, I love my E-M5. It's a great camera.

Yes you are right. Looking for the newest technology is not always the way to go.

On another note. How well does the EVF of the E-M5 perform under dark conditions (for instacne at an indoor concert)? I have not really been able to try that out in a store...

FunkyIQ's gear list:FunkyIQ's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow