TZ25, and how to succeed with flash pictures?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JahnG
Regular MemberPosts: 279Gear list
Like?
TZ25, and how to succeed with flash pictures?
7 months ago

Hi.

I have been using a TZ25 since soon 2 years, and I'm rather satisfied with it !!

One thing that I've not succeeded with, is to take good pictures with the built in flash ! Now during the Christmas I had the camera with me again, and took some flash pictures. The added picture is one of the better, and it is out of focus(?) (like the other pictures). In daylight, the camera takes excellent pictures, most being in focus! I use automatic iA with flash, as I thought that in that way the flash pictures would best succeed.

Can the fault be that I press the shutter key too fast to the bottom, that I need to have a short "pause" with the key depressed halfway. so that the AF would have time to find focus?

If so, is there any setting to force the camera to wait for a "secured AF", before firing? (I have not experienced similar problems with my old FX30, AND in real situations you do not always have the patience to hold the key half pressed for a short while, you try to take the picture as fast as possible, as long as there is a "situation".

Those of you who have a TZ25, have you experienced anything similar, and any comments?

With my other cameras I havn't really had problems with flash pictures. Starting from the 7 years old FX30 up to my DSLR, (either with the internal or external flash).

best regards

JahnG

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-r
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 (Lumix DMC-TZ25)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow