Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,635Gear list
Like?
I Just Might Try One
10 months ago

I am sorely tempted to give a 6D/24-105L a try. I currently have a complete Olympus OMD-EM1 setup with their outstanding 12-40 f2.8 and 45mm f1.8 and 70-300 and flash. However I was thinking it might be nice to have a camera with the more specific capability of higher ISO's that presented little to no noise and a shallower depth of field. I did exhaustive viewing of a ton of tests and presentations done regarding the 6D's output. I'm not 100% sure the higher ISO's are as clean as is the typical comments out there, nor the dynamic range. I'm not all about DXO as frankly the dynamic range of the 6D is very close to the EM1 if you trust their data. I don't have anything to lose really, just wanted to share the thought with ya'll who might have them. The downside of getting a 6D would end up being I'd end up getting hooked into buying more expensive glass and a flash. So it's like if I buy the razor I'm going to be buying more blades. Oh well....part of the deal I guess. Perhaps next week I'll find out what the REAL performance of the 6D is for myself. It's near impossible to trust testers and reviewers on their own merit I've found in the past. Nothing quite like a hands on road test.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow