Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ideon
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
DP3 - First Photos
8 months ago

Santa brought to me the Sigma DP3 this year and here are some of the first test photos, size reduced to 50%, I am not sure if the message can be delivered via the JPG compression done by DPreview server, but the sharpness the originals is absolute. I also like the rich rendering of deep shadows. I am coming from the original DP series background and I find the DPR as a great upgrade with the below pluses:

+ very good body quality, feeling solid, rigid and reliable
+ very good camera control in terms of buttons as well as the menus, the ring dial on the top I find extremely useful, I find the controls easy to get remembered and feeling very natural to use
+ very reliable autofocus, although it may be a bit slow, once it reaches the object it snaps on it and holds and the result is very precise, complete satisfaction
+ very good display, to me completely sufficient
+ generally the camera feels very responsive and modern

For the type of work I like and for what I have expected from the camera - I haven't found any minuses, I am completely satisfied. Thank you Sigma!

-- hide signature --
 ideon's gear list:ideon's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow